Read and Review

A place for writers and readers.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A 9-11 Tribute - Kazuhiro Anai

In my research, here is what I uncovered about Kazuhiro Anai. He was 42. He was from Scarsdale, NY. He was deputy manager, New York branch, Nishi-Nippon Bank, located in the World Trade Center south tower.

That's all the info I could find on Kazuhiro Anai.

But I know there is so much more to be known.

He had a mother who loved him, what was she like? Had he ever found love and, if so, who was she? Did he like golf? Who was his favorite novelist? His favorite musician? His favorite vacation spot? Was he a talker or a listener? A leader or a follower? Did he smile quietly, or laugh heartily? Did he have children and what were they like?

I wish I knew these things because these are the things that make a person who they are. I wish I knew more than 'deputy manager, New York branch, Nishi-Nippon Bank'. Maybe then I would be able to paint a portrayal that does him justice...that does justice to the special and unique life that I know existed.

God bless you, Kazuhiro Anai, whoever you may be...and God bless your family, wherever they may be.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karolyn said...

I was able to find out that he was a Japanese national, had a sister named Yoko Nagata, and a father named Nobuyuki. Also, that he was staying in New York to handle the remaining business for the Nishi-Nippon Bank branch, which closed Sept. 6. He was supposed to return to Japan with his family as soon as he completed his work. His colleagues described him as a ''cheerful person with leadership.''
The last part I found at: http://calbears.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0XPQ/is_2001_Oct_1/ai_79581097
The family names I found on sites that I had to sign up for a trial membership to see the articles.
Feel free to use this information if you'd like. (make sure to copy and paste before deleting my comment)
Take care,
Karolyn
http://www.kikisdragon.com

7:19 PM  
Blogger Teena said...

Thanks for the tribute. It was nice to learn more.

Mine's up.

1:55 PM  
Blogger bauhaus_sea said...

I am also a 2996 blogger, and was also assigned an individual from Japan. I had a hard time finding information as well for my honoree, Yoichi Sugiyama. Your tribute is nice. Thanks for doing this.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home